Last Updated on Thursday, 31 March 2011 23:55
The Asian American & Pacific Islander Higher Education Resource Center (AAPIHERC) is an online clearinghouse and community for Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) higher education professionals and higher education professionals who serve AAPI student populations. Due to a lack of information and AAPI-targeted strategies in higher education, the AAPIHERC seeks to:
- identify promising practices for supporting AAPI college students;
- promote professional development opportunities that target AAPI higher education professionals or address AAPI student needs;
- catalog published research, data, and media about AAPIs in higher education;
- encourage the further development of the federal Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI) designation in higher education; and
- create a community of higher education professionals concerned with the support and success of all AAPI students in colleges and universities.